torsdag 21. oktober 2010

Going skiing

I have just had a very pleasant visit to Mr Fabian Stang, the Mayor of Oslo. He explained to me the present state of affairs in this capital city and spoke about plans of development. He also asked me kindly how I felt here, whether Oslo treated me well. As many Norwegians, he inquired about my progress in skiing.

These are not just diplomatic questions. These are very important issues and in the hustle of everyday life we do not give enough thought to them. Writer Aron Tamasi says somewhere that our most human urge is to be at home in life.

I responded to Mr Stang that after one year I had arrived to enjoying living in Oslo and appreciating very much that I am close to nature and among a lot of good partners and friends. Not even the fact that we have November darkness looming on the horizon can take this feeling away. All the more, at the urging of my wife I have agreed that this weekend we go to buy ski equipment. She has discovered a shop with very good prices.

1 kommentar:

  1. János, skiing is great. I was not a child either when I started and managed to learn it decently (Of course the Chilean Andes mountains helped a little). Wish I could be on the Norwegian slopes, too :-)
    Üdv
    Tóth Tamás

    SvarSlett